Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Smart’s Siklab Saya: A multi-city approach to esports Shanghai officials reveal novel coronavirus transmission modes “It is always fun to watch some of your teammates play well,” Jordan said. “Everyone in the second unit gave us a spark. I’m glad we’re so much deeper than we were last year.”Kawhi Leonard led the Spurs with 27 points and nine rebounds. Pau Gasol had 21 points and nine rebounds.The Spurs outrebounded the Clippers 54-42 but shot only 40.2 percent from the floor.“They are playing good defense, but we definitely missed some wide-open shots tonight,” Leonard said.The Clippers built a 57-45 lead at halftime and never again trailed. They were up by 14 with 43 seconds left, but gave up consecutive baskets on inbounds steals to make the score more respectable for the Spurs.“You have to play 48 minutes in this league, and we played 24,” coach Gregg Popovich said. “We played the last 24 minutes competitively, with some energy, some toughness, some fiber, whatever you want to call it. We didn’t for the first 24 and they did it for 48.”The loss dropped San Antonio to 23-6, with two losses against the Clippers. The Spurs lost by 24 points to Los Angeles at home last month.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Chinese-manned vessel unsettles Bohol town Smart hosts first 5G-powered esports exhibition match in PH Where did they go? Millions left Wuhan before quarantine UFC star ‘Cyborg’ Justino has potential failed doping test Senators to proceed with review of VFA Austin Rivers #25 of the Los Angeles Clippers is fouled by Kyle Anderson #1 of the San Antonio Spurs (C) in front of Pau Gasol #16 (R) in the second quarter of the game at Staples Center on December 22, 2016 in Los Angeles, California. Harry How/Getty Images/AFPLOS ANGELES — The Los Angeles Clippers were already down one big star against San Antonio on Thursday night when another one got hurt late in the third quarter.Without forward Blake Griffin to start and Chris Paul to finish, the Clippers went exclusively to their bench in the fourth quarter to pull out a 106-101 victory over the Spurs.ADVERTISEMENT Taiwan minister boards cruise ship turned away by Japan PLAY LIST 01:31Taiwan minister boards cruise ship turned away by Japan01:33WHO: ‘Global stocks of masks and respirators are now insufficient’01:01WHO: now 31,211 virus cases in China 102:02Vitamin C prevents but doesn’t cure diseases like coronavirus—medic03:07’HINDI PANG-SPORTS LANG!’03:03SILIP SA INTEL FUND MOST READ PH among economies most vulnerable to virus EDITORS’ PICK Chinese-manned vessel unsettles Bohol town As fate of VFA hangs, PH and US forces take to the skies for exercise Paul said he did not believe his left hamstring injury was serious and he was holding out hope he could play Friday against the Dallas Mavericks.“I’m OK,” Paul said. “I think I just tweaked my hamstring. I’m glad I caught it when I did. It’s probably going to come back, but hopefully I’ll be ready for Dallas.”Griffin missed his second game following knee surgery Tuesday and is expected to be out up to six weeks.Paul still led the Clippers in scoring with 19 points, adding seven rebounds and six assists. Marreese Speights had 14 points and seven rebounds, and Raymond Felton scored 13 to lead the barrage off the bench.Los Angeles reserve Jamal Crawford and starters J.J. Redick and DeAndre Jordan each had 11 points.ADVERTISEMENT It was only San Antonio’s second road loss this season in 17 games.The Clippers’ bench outscored the Spurs’ reserves 58-33. Los Angeles took an 81-73 lead into the fourth and coach Doc Rivers never did return to his starters.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra teammates show love for SlaughterSPORTSWe are youngSPORTSFreddie Roach: Manny Pacquiao is my Muhammad Ali“I just rode ’em,” he said.“That was great. That just shows the confidence we have in our reserves.” We are young View comments
Journalists interested to attend the 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games in Brazil must be accredited and it is open until April 29, according to a Brazilian embassy official in Monrovia.A partnership between the Federal Government and the city government of Rio de Janeiro, the Media Center will assist journalists from around the world, accredited or not by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) by providing work facilities, up-to-date information and a diversified agenda of events.Interested journalists must check for further information at: www.riomediacenter.com.br/en/.The Rio Media Center is the reference center for those accredited or not by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) to cover the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games.Meanwhile, according to Brazilian Ambassador accredited to Liberia, Luiz dos Santos, any Liberian traveling to Brazil must ensure that he has a round trip ticket, and must have purchased a ticket for at least one of the games.Journalists with credentials for the Rio Media Center will have access to vast journalistic and cultural program. The venue will host press conferences with authorities and athletes, operational briefings, presentations and workshops, movie sessions, cultural events and press tours.The two steps are as follows: register at the Rio Media Center website, and then enter the accreditation environment. Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
1 Middlesbrough have announced the signing of World Cup winning Spanish goalkeeper Victor Valdes on a two-year deal.The 34-year-old arrives at the Riverside having been released by Manchester United at the expiration of his contract at the end of June.He played just two games for the Red Devils in that 18-month spell at Old Trafford, whilst also spending an eight-game loan spell at Standard Liege last season.Prior to his move to Manchester, Valdes established his reptuation as one of the best goalkeepers in the world as part of Pep Guardiola’s Barcelona team, playing 530 times for his boyhood club.He won six La Liga titles with the club he joined as a nine-year old, as well as three Champions Leagues, two Copa del Reys, and two Club World Cups.Speaking following the announcement of the deal, Boro boss Aitor Karanka said: “You can’t imagine how delighted I am because it’s not usual to bring players like him to recently promoted teams. “I’m really pleased because he is really committed. All the the conversations we’ve had he knows why he is here and he is coming to add to what we have. “He knows how strong this group is. It’s a privilege for us to be able to bring a player like this to the club.” Victor Valdes
The return of one of the UK’s top entrepreneurs, Michelle Mone, is just one of the many highlights of the 10th Enterprising Donegal Business Week set to get under way across the county from March 3rd-March 7th.Michelle Mone“As it is our 10th annual Business Week we have invited back some speakers who were very well received by Donegal businesses on their previous visit to Donegal and we are confident that people will find them and indeed – all of the events and speakers we have lined up for 2014 – to be challenging, informative and inspirational,” CEO of Donegal County Enterprise Board, Michael Tunney said this week. Ms Mone, co-owner of Lingerie Company Ultimo Brands International, has spoken at Enterprise Week in the past outlining how she has built a hugely successful career by helping women look and feel their best.Listed as one of the top three female entrepreneurs in the UK, she can boast ‘World’s Young Business Achiever’ and ‘Business Woman of the Year’ among a glittering array of awards. “Michelle Mone is an example of true entrepreneurial spirit having left school at 15 with no qualifications she was running a national Sales and Marketing team in Scotland by the time she was just 22. She not only started Ultimo, but has grown it into one of the UK’s leading designer lingerie brands and I have no doubt that her story and insights into business will be hugely well received once again in Donegal,” Mr. Tunney added.He stressed however that her talk was just one of many highlights of a packed Enterprise Week and he urged people to make sure they take a look at the full line-up and book early.“This year’s week-long programme once again has a terrific range of speakers, workshops and seminars all aimed at providing opportunities for learning and networking. The ultimate objective is to help established businesses and indeed new start-ups to grow and develop.”With that in mind DCEB and its partners have put together a fantastic line-up of events across the county and following last week’s official launch many of the places are already booking up very quickly.One event already attracting significant attention is the presentation from The Futures Company in An Grianan Hotel, Burt that aims to help local businesses identify new innovation and growth opportunities.“The Futures Company has glowing testimonials from companies like Coca-Cola, GlaxoSmithKline, Kraft foods and Diageo, to name but a few and to have them in Donegal to speak really is a fantastic opportunity that local businesses definitely don’t want to miss out on.”The week’s events kick off with a marketing workshop in the Mount Errigal Hotel on Monday March 3rd. Other highlights of a packed week include international speaker Kevin Kelly on the pursuit of exceptional execution in business, Claire Burge’s workshop on getting organised and a great line-up of speakers including Boxing’s Billy Walsh for the motivating your business team final event of the week on Friday 7th March.“The full line-up of events is available online and while all of the events are free, it is necessary to register and we’d urge people to visit donegalenterprise.ie to have a look at the week’s programme and to register as soon as possible,” Mr. Tunney said. He concluded: “Having teamed up with Sendmode as a partner this year, people can also receive text information and reminders about Donegal Enterprise Week if they free text DEW to 50015.”County & City Enterprise Boards are funded by the Irish Government and part-funded by the European Union under the National Development Plan 2007-2013.GLOBAL LINGERIE ENTREPRENEUR TO SPEAK AT DONEGAL BUSINESS WEEK was last modified: February 19th, 2014 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Donegal Busniness WeekMichelle Mone
State Assembly members Rudy Bermudez and Ron Calderon spent $3.3 million on their respective campaigns for the state’s 30th Senate District seat, new campaign finance reports show. Local political observers say that might be the most ever spent on a local Senate race. The candidates received big contributions from businesses and labor unions in their bids to succeed former state Sen. Martha Escutia. Calderon eventually won the race, but only after a very close vote that Bermudez challenged with a recount. For the full story, pick up tomorrow’s Whittier Daily News. AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREWhy these photogenic dumplings are popping up in Los Angeles165Let’s talk business.Catch up on the business news closest to you with our daily newsletter. Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
Considering the Antelope Valley College women’s soccer team was missing one of its most productive players Friday against three-time defending Foothill Conference champion, a scoreless tie in the conference opener for both teams doesn’t sound so bad. But after out-shooting Chaffey of Rancho Cucamonga 26-2, what was essentially a moral victory for the Marauders was bittersweet. AVC (3-7-3, 0-0-1 going into Tuesday) played its best game of the year, coach Lemuel Galvao said. But the Marauders were unable to capitalize on multiple chances, missing two close-range shots, hitting the post twice and having one shot Galvao believes crossed the goal called back by a referee. AVC played without injured sophomore forward Katie Tague, the team’s second-leading scorer. Tague (Palmdale High,) who suffered an ankle injury in a Sept. 26 4-0 victory over Taft, was doubtful for Tuesday’s conference game against Rio Hondo of Whittier. “Very frustrating,” Galvao said. Nevertheless, Galvao believes there are some positives his team can take out of the Chaffey game. He believes his team is starting to reap the benefits of playing an exceedingly difficult nonconference schedule that’s included defending state champion Long Beach City, state quarterfinalist Pierce of Woodland Hills and perennial Southern California power Moorpark. Over its past four games, AVC is 2-1-1. Galvao believes the Marauders were forced to play a faster game against the tough nonconference competition, moving the ball up the field with quick passes that resulted in so many chances in the Chaffey game. Now, he’d just like to see his team close the deal. “As long as we keep playing the way we’ve played the last (four) games I think we’ll be OK,” Galvao said. “We just have to keep it at that level.” Confidence builder: The women’s volleyball team was without two key players when it opened conference with a 30-17, 30-19, 30-27 victory over Mount San Jacinto on Friday. The Marauders (5-4, 1-0) were without freshman middle blocker Julia Harrison (Desert) and freshman outside hitter Shaunna Garcia (Desert) to ankle and abdominal injuries, respectively. “It was nice to get our first win under belts, I think this gives our players some confidence,” coach Jane Cwayna said. “Everybody rallied around each other in that game, and I think we showed that other people can step in and do the job for us.” Softball clinic: Former Olympians Cristl Bustos, Amanda Freed, Laura Berg and Jenny Topping will participate in a softball clinic at AVC Dec. 16-18, softball coach Cindy Vargas said. AVC players will participate in the clinic too. The clinic is open to the public. More details will be available later this month, Vargas said. “Its going to be pretty exciting for the community. Just to have those girls on our field is going to be amazing,” Vargas said. “It’s great for our program and it’s great for our community.” email@example.com (661) 267-7802160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
Watch highlights of Celtic’s 3-1 win over St Johnstone in the Scottish Premiership.Gary Mackay-Steven scored his first two goals of the season as Celtic restored their six-point lead in the Premiership with a victory over St Johnstone at Parkhead.Stuart Armstrong was also on target, regaining the lead for Celtic after Steven MacLean had fired an immediate response to the ninth-minute opener.Leigh Griffiths was strangely wasteful with his shooting after hitting seven goals in three games but he played a key part as Celtic scored with their first decent attack.
Rangers manager Pedro Caixinha believes teenage defender Ross McCrorie will become a legend for club and country after seeing him make his debut in the League Cup win over Partick Thistle.McCrorie made his first appearance for the first team as a substitute for Bruno Alves as Rangers earned a 3-1 extra-time victory over Thistle and booked a place in the semi-finals of the competition.Alves suffered a calf injury in the game, which could rule him out of the Premiership clash with Celtic on Saturday. Caixinha said he would have no hesitation in naming McCrorie in his place and was fulsome in his praise for the young stopper.“Ross McCrorie is going to be one of the best centre-halves in history, not just for this club but for this country,” he said. “You just need to see what he did. He was brilliant.“It’s not about age or names. It’s about getting the chance to prove it.“I have no concerns about him. I never had and never will have. If he needs to play on Saturday, he will play.”Caixinha also saw Declan John limp off with a thigh strain ahead of the derby but was happy to see his side come through a tough tie. Carlos Pena opened the scoring on his first start for the club before Kris Doolan’s equaliser forced extra time. Daniel Candeias and Eduardo Herrera scored the goals that put Rangers in Thursday’s draw but Caixinha said it could have been all over over much earlier.“We deserved to be winners in 90 minutes but we missed a lot of chances,” he said.“In extra-time we played the way we want to play“People talk about out fitness but my players ran and ran and ran and ran like the rabbits with the batteries“Everybody saw the difference in extra-time.”Thistle boss Alan Archibald said his side could have nicked the win if regulation time had gone on just a little bit longer.“Disappointment is the over-riding emotion,” he said. “I’m a bit bemused, I didn’t see that coming at the start of extra-time.“I thought we finished the game really strongly. Probably the worst thing that could have happened was the final whistle because I felt we were strong and Rangers were sitting off us. I thought we deserved our goal at the time.”
Bruce Todd, 40, was driving a 1993 GMC safari, mini-van with passenger Stephanie Todd, 35, both of 5444 West Walnut Ridge Road, Salem, according to Indiana State Trooper Jerry Goodin.Goodin said Bruce hit a patch of ice and slid head-on into the bus. Goodin said the bus going East and the mini-van going West. Stephanie Todd was taken by personal vehicle to the St. Vincent Salem Hospital for treatment. She had complained of leg pains but refused treatment from the EMS.Peggie Tuttle, 70, from Salem, IN, was driving bus number 21.Three students were on the bus at the time, as well as the bus driver, and there were no injuries involving those people.Salem Schools Superintendent DL Reed said the bus driver saw the vehicle coming and had slowed to nearly a stop.Reed said minimal grill and bumper damage occurred on the bus.Washington County roads had been shut down early Wednesday morning and remained under a State of Emergency until 9:30a on Thursday because of hazardous conditions resulting in about 3-4 inches of snow and ice that fell on Tuesday afternoon.The county is still under a travel advisory known as a “Watch”Combs said he felt the roads were safe enough for travel today.According to the Indiana State Department of Homeland Security, a Watch means that conditions are threatening to the safety of the public. During a “watch” local travel advisory, only essential travel, such as to and from work or in emergency situations, is recommended, and emergency action plans should be implemented by businesses, schools, government agencies, and other organizations.Washington County Sheriff’s Department assisted with the accident and Indiana State Police are investigating.Further details coming up on WSLM RADIO. Salem Community School bus Number 21 was involved in an accident this morning with a van on Brannaman Road, just off Rush Creek Road in Salem at approx… 9:30a.School was on a two-hour delay because of the recent snow and state of road conditions in Washington County.