FacebookTwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The University of Alaska’s board of regents is considering whether to consolidate the school’s education programs into one college based in Fairbanks, a move that has drawn criticism from the university’s Juneau campus. The advisory council for University of Alaska Southeast in Juneau passed a resolution Monday expressing “overwhelming disagreement” with Johnsen’s plan. Juneau Mayor Ken Koelsch has also opposed the change, arguing that centralizing education programs in Fairbanks could potentially hurt the “long-term viability” of the University of Alaska Southeast. The Juneau Empire reports (http://bit.ly/2fghis2 ) the board is expected to decide sometime this week on what university President Jim Johnsen has called a cost-saving measure. Under the single systemwide college of education, there would only be one dean, instead of the three that currently operate within the university system.
The head coach reflected on the 35-13 defeat in the round three clash of the Gallagher Premiership.Subscribe to Bristol Bears TV by clicking here.
Watch the highlights as City made it five wins on the bounce with a Sky Bet Championship victory away to Nottingham Forest.
Session ID: 2020-09-19:23cd7155b2ee71db5e41549c Player ID: videojs-brightcove-player-694722-4119752176001 OK Close Modal DialogCaption Settings DialogBeginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsDefaultsDoneClose Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Scott Gleeson of USA TODAY Sports previews day one of the Round of 64 in the South Region. Play VideoPlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration Time 0:00Loaded: 0%0:00Progress: 0%0:00 Progress: 0%Stream TypeLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1ChaptersChaptersdescriptions off, selectedDescriptionssubtitles off, selectedSubtitlescaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedCaptionsAudio TrackFullscreenThis is a modal window. An unanticipated problem was encountered, check back soon and try again Error Code: MEDIA_ERR_UNKNOWN
Soccer The Papua New Guinea U23 final squad for the OFC Olympic qualifier in Fiji will be named after the selection trials for the Northern, Highlands and NGI conferences at the PNG Football Association Academy in Lae, Morobe province. Head coach Percy Mataio said the Southern Conference trials were done last week while the Northern, Highlands and NGI Conference will be done today. He said all players who have been listed on the trial list must be present for the trials at PNGFA Academy. The players who made the final cut will be brought into a three-week training camp in Port Moresby before they leave for the tournament in Fiji next month. Mataio has sounded a stern warning to all those potential players that selection into the national team will be based on players who are disciplined, hardworking and have the right attitude to represent the country. “We are not interested in individual talent, rather our focus will be on team players who can play well together as a team,” Mataio said. “This will allow the players to understand the coach’s philosophy and game model so that they can all work together to improve the overall team performance.” The trial squad is Jordan Tobem (Morobe United), Jonathan Pole (Aporro Mai), Peter Dabinyaba Jr (Toti City), Wesley Wawa (West Tribe), Mathew Kalulu (Morobe United), Stahl Gubag (Tusbab Stallions), Ricky Wadunah (Tusbab Stallions), Emmanuel Simongi (Besta PNG United), Abraham Allen (Besta PNG United), Yagi Yasasa (Besta PNG United), Barthy Kerobin (Laiwaden), Sane Henry (Morobe United), Karesa Morris (Aporro Mai), Bruce Tiampo (Besta PNG United) and Terence Pama (Chebu AROB).
Karl Henry has admitted that QPR were “unprofessional” in their astonishing 3-2 defeat at home to Liverpool.Widely criticised prior to Sunday’s game, Rangers were much more competitive and were desperately unlucky to lose.Manager Harry Redknapp praised them after the match but was less impressed by basic errors that led to a couple of Liverpool’s goals.AdChoices广告 See also:Redknapp defiant after gut-wrenching lossQPR’s worry increase as duo are injuredUnlucky QPR beaten after incredible finaleRangers confident Onuoha will face VillaQPR v Liverpool player ratingsTaarabt lambasted by furious QPR boss “That was the best I’ve seen us play since I’ve been at the club.”Harry Redknapp after Sunday’s lossHis team switched off in the build-up to the first, protesting against the award of a free-kick as it was taken quickly, while a stray free-kick taken by Leroy Fer at the other end led to the visitors’ winner in the final seconds.“Harry was not happy. We’ve thrown it away and he’s not happy,” said R’s midfielder Henry.“It’s naïve from us – unprofessional. It can’t happen. It wouldn’t happen in an Under-11s game.“The goals we conceded were shocking goals to concede when we put so much in.“I think they were shaky – they didn’t like us pressing them high. We were getting results from that and to throw it away the way we did, everyone’s disappointed.“For the first goal, it’s a free-kick and we’re asleep – ridiculous. Then there’s them breaking on us, them running out of their box quicker than we do.“They have four or five bodies from their box in our box and we’re not with them. That should not be possible.“So, that’s unprofessional from our point of view. You get to 2-2 late on in a game and you don’t concede.Eduardo Vargas looked to have secured a deserved point for Rangers“We dropped the free-kick short rather than putting it in the stand or making sure it’s long in the corner or somewhere else, and it’s unprofessional.”With Rangers bottom of the table, Redknapp’s position had been under scrutiny before the game.But the vastly improved performance suggested a corner may have been turned despite the result.Henry added: “We’re fighting for the manager, we’re fighting for ourselves and we’re fighting for the club.“It’s a good job we have here and it’s well documented that footballers get paid well. We know the situation we’re in and we’re giving it everything, and any suggestion that we’re not, we’re not happy about.“We know we were almost there. The performance was good and we can’t fault anyone’s effort I don’t think – we left everything our there. I don’t think I could run another yard.“We all put in everything we had and if perform like that and make sure it’s over 90 minutes, not 82 or whatever it was, we’ll get results.” Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebook
Brandon King will be aiming to break into the West Indies team with a positive outing when he turns up for the Guyana Amazon Warriors in this year’s Caribbean Premier League (CPL). Following the Warriors’ first day of rigorous training, King was asked about the opportunity presented by being a part of the tournament dubbed ‘the biggest party in sport,’ and said that he was confident it can lead to a West Indies call up or more.“Definitely!, this is the premier T20 competition in the Caribbean and players are selected based on their performances in this, so it is definitely a stepping stone for me and it is televised worldwide, so it is a big stage to showcase your skills,” King stated.
He says he’s also looking forward to seeing Cathal Barrett back in the fold… Tipp senior hurlers have given supporters a fantastic summer so far, according to former manager Michael Ryan.He’s urging fans to get behind the team in Croke Park on Sunday week, where they’ll meet either Laois or Dublin.Michael Ryan was impressed with some of the younger players that featured against Limerick, despite the 12 point loss.
SUBSCRIBE TO US Last Updated: 30th June, 2020 22:36 IST Golf Tournament To Help Fund Police Training Initiative The Travelers Championship is giving some of the money raised by last week’s golf tournament in Connecticut to help create a program to train police in how to deal with teens and young adults, especially in Black and racially diverse communities. FOLLOW US Written By First Published: 30th June, 2020 22:36 IST COMMENT The Travelers Championship is giving some of the money raised by last week’s golf tournament in Connecticut to help create a program to train police in how to deal with teens and young adults, especially in Black and racially diverse communities. The tournament and the Hartford Foundation for Public Giving announced Tuesday they are teaming to provide $300,000 over two years to the University of New Haven’s Center for Advanced Policing and the Tow Youth Justice Institute.Officials said the money will be used to launch the Connecticut Institute for Youth and Police Relations in Greater Hartford in the fall. Officials said the institute will assist police officers in learning how to maintain public safety while also serving the best interests of youth. The program is expected to begin in the fall and will focus on police officers who have regular contact with people up to the age of 24.“As seen throughout our nation, law enforcement must continue the important work of building trust and legitimacy with the communities we serve,” said Windsor Police Chief Donald Melanson, president of the Capitol Region Chiefs of Police Association. “Understanding the impact of trauma on youth and families and interacting with youth in conversation will go a long way toward bettering police – youth relations.”The Travelers Championship last year gave more than $2 million to about 150 charities in Connecticut. It has not said how much money was raised at this year’s PGA Tour event, where no tickets were sold because of the coronavirus pandemic. Tournament Director Nathan Grube said many corporate sponsors decided to give their usual donations even without getting the ticket packages, receptions or hospitality tents in return. LIVE TV WATCH US LIVE Associated Press Television News
Accra Hearts of Oak will begin their search for a new coach after they tip-toed to another League title on Sunday.Striker Samuel Affum hit a brace to help the Phobians clinch their 20th League title, but when the celebrations die down the club will look back on a campaign that almost ended in disaster.Hearts set the pace in the first half of the season, going 11 points clear of their rivals before Asante Kotoko caught up with them. And many observers say Hearts’ collapse was primarily due to the sacking of Kosta Papic as coach.Former club great Nii Noi Thompson stepped in as caretaker coach, but won just one game in 10.Now former Asante Kotoko coach Bashir Hayford, now at Kessben FC, and Steve Pollack, who took King Faisal to another top-four finish, are being touted as potential replacements.Source: Kickoff.com